Our partner is a leading hospitality group in Dubai, renowned for their award-winning venues that showcase unique food cultures and traditions in exuberant settings. The restaurants are lively and celebratory, qualities reflected in the restaurants’ design, ambiance, and creative offerings. With more projects in the pipeline for 2022, this ambitious and entrepreneurial group is quickly expanding and seeking exceptional talent for their growing team.
The Group now seeks a Senior Sous Chef for their popular French/Asian brasserie. The Senior Sous Chef will direct and participate in the culinary operations of the restaurant, ensuring a smooth execution of service and consistently exceptional guest experience, while contributing to the creative development of the restaurant through compelling specials and menu development.
Essential duties & responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directing the culinary team to ensure seamless and consistent service;
- Developing menu specials for promotions and events;
- Conducting R&D to evolve and continuously elevate the menu with compelling dishes;
- Managing and tracking food & labour costs to meet budgetary targets;
- Motivating and leading a dynamic team to perform at optimal levels;
- Training, coaching and developing the team to continuously advance their skills and knowledge;
- Creating and sustaining a team culture that is positive and inclusive;
- Making business recommendations to the Executive Chef and Operations team to continuously improve the team and the organisation.
The successful individual will:
- Have 4+ years of leadership experience in a professional kitchen in a major food city such as New York, Los Angeles, London, Hong Kong, etc.;
- Have a strong understanding of French & Asian cuisines, techniques, and ingredients;
- Understand the organisation’s DNA and ethos and champion the brands;
- Demonstrate passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the team;
- Work as a team with mutual respect and trust for one another;
- Continuously seek self improvement and development;
- Stay up-to-date on food, beverage, dining, and market trends;
- Have foundational knowledge of restaurant financials, HR, and marketing.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying